Thursday, November 27, 2014

Technology Action Plan

There are so many aspects to a technology based classroom, and Scott Steinberg wrote an article giving pointers as to things teachers need to be aware of. Some of the things that I read that I realized I need to work on is being familiar with social media. I tend to have the few that I can work and be happy with that. However, I need to continue to grow in that so that I do not fall behind the times. I also need to keep up with the latest trends in technology. This one is especially difficult considering that I still have my handy-dandy flip phone! Some of the things I am already proficient in is creating those strong passwords. I enjoy making difficult and yet easy to remember passwords. I am also proficient in how to speak the lingo. Since I am still slightly young, this language phenomenon still affects how me and my friends will speak to each other through texting. Here is a video on technology used in an international school where students use the technology for inspiration for their work in music and movement. This is a great way to incorporate technology with creativity without relying just on the technology. They use it in the way that two superheroes would combine powers, without one taking over the other, like the Avengers at their best. They also used it in other classes too. But the using it for music, creative movement, and art is what really stuck out to me about this video. This video really focuses on using the technology with science. For example taking pictures with an electromagnetic microscope and then showing the pictures on the iPad. This video is about a school in England where they held a case study on iPads and whether or not grades went up as the teachers utilized technology more. The case study proved that grades did, in fact, go up. This blog , written by Lisa, shows 15 ways that a blog can be used in a classroom. One of my favorite is for the substitute teacher. This way, if the sub knows the night before they can look at the teacher's blog and be better prepared for what needs to be done the next day. There is also Symbaloo which is where teachers can find websites based on subjects. As a teacher I feel that a blog for the substitute as well as a blog for parents would definitely be a good thing, that way people who needs to know information, will be able to know said information. I also feel that using technology to enhance creativity is how I would definitely would want to use technology. I feel like I would not be able to use technology everyday for every lesson, because in my opinion there are just those things that should be experienced for how they really are, before they are experienced by technology. Such as reading, I feel that a book made of paper can be twice as magical as a book on an iPad. I also feel that a lot of science should be hands on. That there should be exploring outside for different kinds of leaves, then trying to identify the leaves on their own, and then at the end using technology.



No comments:

Post a Comment